Welcome to Radford Public Library (RPL) Summer Reading Program (SRP) Tails & Tales beginning June 5, 2021. Please help us provide a safe environment for children and all library patrons during Covid. Our in-person and online programs are designed to reach people across our community. All in-person SRP guest performances for children will also be provided virtually. These programs will be streamed to Facebook live so that parents and children have the option to enjoy the program remotely.
As of Tuesday, June 1, 2021 RPL is following the protocols listed below in providing services and programs in compliance with Executive Order 79. All social distancing requirements and capacity limits requirements have been lifted as of May 28, 2021 as described in the new Executive Order 79. RPL will still work to provide for space so that patrons can elect to maintain distance if desired.
- No advance appointment for computers or in-house browsing is required at this time at RPL. The library is open for regular hours, but has not fully returned to all standard services and operations. (Community rooms and conference rooms are not yet available for reservation or public use.)
- Masks will be self-enforced. Please wear a mask if you are not fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated patrons are not required to wear masks in most areas of the library but are welcome to do so.
- If you are visiting the children’s area or attending a children’s program, you are encouraged to wear a mask regardless of your vaccination status in effort to better protect children inside the library.
- Children between 2 to 12 years of age are encouraged to wear masks. Ultimately mask coverings will be determined by the parent/guardian of the child as RPL staff do not act in place of the parent.
- Face masks and hand sanitizer are available for the public (while supplies last).
- Please do not enter the building if you feel unwell or have a fever.
- Curbside services – Grab & Go Holds - will remain available during business hours.
- Computers are available on a first come/first received basis.
- Notaries are available on staff, but you are encouraged to call ahead to ensure that one will be present when you visit if you need notarization services.
- Passport services remain available by appointment. Please call 540 731-3621 to schedule a time with a passport agent.
- Community rooms and conference rooms are not yet available.