Name Change

How do I change my name?

How do I change the name of my minor child?

  • File in the Circuit Court of the county or city in which the minor resides.
  • Petitioners who desire to change the name of their child or ward must obtain consent of both parents to change a child's name.
  • Pay the $39 filing fee
  • Application for Name Change Packet (Minor)

Submitting my application in person:

Bring your completed paperwork and filing fee to the Clerk of the Circuit Court in which you reside during normal business hours.

Submitting my application by mail:

Send your completed paperwork and filing fee to:

Send via U.S. Postal Service
Clerk of Circuit Court
619 Second Street
Radford, Virginia 24141

*Please note: Court personnel are prohibited by law from giving legal advice.