Restoring Driving Privileges


Restoring Driving Privileges

Required Documents

Do I petition under habitual or third offender?

You must use the compliance summary from the DMV to determine whether you qualify for habitual, third offender, or both.

A copy of the petition will be served on the Commonwealth's Attorney and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The Commonwealth may file an objection or answer to the petition within 21 days after it is served. The court date will be set 90 days from the day you file your petition. 

If you're not eligible for full restoration you may ask for a hearing before the Judge, if eligible, by contacting the Judge's Office to set up a court date at 540-731-3611. If the Judge grants the restricted license, a separate order for restricted license is required for the DMV. 

Filing the Order and Application for Restricted License

  • The filing fee is $109 (includes service fee). May be paid by cash, certified check, money order or personal check (no starter checks will be accepted), made payable to "Clerk of Circuit Court."

You must appear in court on the date that your case is set to be heard.

*Please note: Court personnel are prohibited by law from giving legal advice.