The Radford Public Library is a passport acceptance facility. Passport applications are handled by appointment only, and must be scheduled at least 24 hours before-hand.
Appointment hours are:
|Monday - Thursday||10 am - 6 pm|
|Friday - Saturday||10 am - 2 pm|
Passport photos are not taken at the library. You can get passport photos taken at CVS, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, or FedEx. There is a CVS conveniently located across the street from the library. Wherever they are taken, passport photos must meet the requirements set out by the State Department.
What Do I Need?
If you have had a passport before, you may need a Form DS-82. You can renew by mail (no appointment needed) using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport meets all five of these requirements:
- Is submitted with your application
- Is undamaged (other than normal "wear and tear")
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
Otherwise, you will need to bring a completed (but not signed!) Form DS-11. These can be printed from the State Department's web-page, or you can pick one up at the Radford Public Library.
We will discuss the other documents you need to bring with you in great detail when you call to schedule your appointment, but we also recommend reading this list of requirements provided by the State Department to ensure that you have everything you will need for your passport application.
You will need two forms of payment for your passport application.
- Cash, or a check made out to "Radford Public Library" for the execution fee (this fee may vary if you choose to ship your application via overnight delivery).
- Each application must be accompanied by check or money order made out to "U.S. Department of State" for the amount of the application fee. This fee depends on the contents of the application!